Crosspost from Bailiwick News Facebook, February 13, 2018
Let’s suppose you’re a concerned citizen who wants to volunteer a few hours to help your community protect groundwater and surface water – in Spring Creek and downstream to the Chesapeake Bay – from extractive water withdrawals by the Nestle corporation.
Suppose you start looking for the right entity or entities to petition with your concerns, to understand the proposal review and risk assessment process, and to identify the people who will make the key decisions to protect or fail to protect a critical natural resource.
Here’s who you might find are on the list.
- Spring Township Water Authority
- Spring-Benner-Walker Joint (Sewer) Authority
- Spring Township Board of Supervisors and Township Manager
- Benner Township Board of Supervisors and Township Manager
- Spring Township Zoning Board
- Benner Township Zoning Board
- State College Borough Water Authority
- University Area Joint (Sewer) Authority
- Chamber of Business and Industry of Centre County
- Centre County Economic Development Partnership
- Centre County Industrial Development Corporation
- Centre County Commissioners
- Centre County Planning & Community Development Office
- Centre County Planning Commission
- Centre County Conservation District
- Centre Region Council of Governments
- Centre Region Planning Commission
- Centre Region Planning Agency
- Spring Creek Watershed Commission
- Spring Creek Watershed Association
- Spring Creek Chapter – Trout Unlimited
- ClearWater Conservancy
- Sierra Club – Moshannon Group
- National Wildlife Federation Climate Change Campaign – Pennsylvania Chapter
- PA State Rep. Kerry Benninghoff
- PA State Rep. Mike Hanna
- PA State Sen. Jake Corman
- PA Department of Environmental Protection
- PA Department of Community and Economic Development
- PA Department of Conservation and Natural Resources
- Susquehanna River Basin Commission
- Chesapeake Bay Program
- US Rep. Glenn Thompson
- US Environmental Protection Agency
Where would you focus your volunteer time?
Where would you try to make your voice heard?